There are no Upcoming Events

Distribuir contenido

Guild Meeting

217 respuestas [Último envío]
white
Imagen de white
Desconectado/a
se unió: Abr 28 2010

If I understand her post correctly, she meant that she was available on Fr, Sa and Su, from 10am to 4pm on each of those days. Or am I misinterpreting that?

And I think she once mentioned that she lives in the UTC-7 time zone, so that would be exactly KITime.

n/d
Lunanne
Imagen de Lunanne
Desconectado/a
Rel.to MaintainerMagazine moderatorMagazine teamTranslatorMessenger
se unió: Ene 17 2010

isn't it UTC-6 now with DST? since I live in UTC+2 (summer time) and the difference is 8 hours...

Musica
Imagen de Musica
Desconectado/a
Magazine teamMessenger
se unió: Mayo 3 2010

Sorry about that. I forgot to say that those times I gave are KI times.

Maybe I'll get it right in a couple more months:)

(FYI I'm in eastern US)

Musica

kaeebonrai
Imagen de kaeebonrai
Desconectado/a
se unió: Ene 20 2008

D'oh. Will fix. =P

Leonardo
Imagen de Leonardo
Desconectado/a
WebmasterLiaisonTranslatorMessenger
se unió: Jun 19 2008

Oooook, looking at the poll I can say the meeting will surely be on Saturday as expected XD

For the hour we have a peak of people between 6am and 1pm. Starting at 6am could be a pain for our American friends so I'd shift it to some hours later, at 9.30am, so that it's in the morning for Americans and it is not too near to my dinner time, so I won't have to leave the Meeting for it (hopefully, it will not last as much as it did last time XD)

So:

Guild of Messengers Meeting

Saturday 19th, at 9.30am KITime

in the Guild of Messengers Pub

The topics of the day will be:

The Newspaper Return

and

Organization for new Elections

Lunanne
Imagen de Lunanne
Desconectado/a

hmm it is in the middle of my dining time however, I'll try to come anyway ;)

Theremin
Imagen de Theremin
Desconectado/a
Magazine moderatorMagazine teamMessenger
se unió: Ago 18 2008

Arrgh! I won't be able to make it! No worries, I'll put together a "status report" and you can discuss the newsmagazine.

Lunanne
Imagen de Lunanne
Desconectado/a

I can come from 10,00 am probably , but I am not really interested in the elections stuff, so if you talk about that first, I can join you for the newsmagazine ;)

blutec
Imagen de blutec
Desconectado/a
se unió: Ene 15 2008

Sorry, can't attend this meeting (must be at bachelorette party, my first and probably last lol -- no not my wedding! sister-in-law-soon-to-be)

Maybe it's an idea to also make a post with the meeting in the GoMe is Hiring thread, as the relaunch newspaper/magazine is on the agenda :-)

grtz, blutec

Leonardo
Imagen de Leonardo
Desconectado/a

done, blutec!

Theremin, I'm sorry, but unfortunately you have time on weekdays but not on weekends, strange XD

LostThyme
Imagen de LostThyme
Desconectado/a
se unió: Jun 16 2010

I'll try my hardest to come. I'm with Theremin, I always have more time on weekdays. I'm so excited about the newspaper relaunching!

Theremin
Imagen de Theremin
Desconectado/a

Leonardo wrote:

done, blutec!

Theremin, I'm sorry, but unfortunately you have time on weekdays but not on weekends, strange XD

:P@ Leo (:D)

You picked 1 of the 2 weekends (this and next) when I'm not going to be around, this weekend I'm in LA, next weekend I'm in Alaska! (The weekend after that I'm going to Leo's and make him set up a meeting I can attend... ;))

Marten
Imagen de Marten
Desconectado/a
Rel.to MaintainerMessenger
se unió: Nov 8 2007

I won't be able to attend, BUT... just so that everyone around the globe understands:

(1) The meeting is starting at:

• 09:30 MDT (UTC/GMT -6 hours)
  • 11:30 EDT (UTC/GMT -4 hours)
  • 16:30 WEST (UTC/GMT +1 hour)
  • 17:30 CEST (UTC/GMT +2 hours)

...and so on and so forth.  Check your nearest major city at http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=6&day=19&year=2010&hour=9&min=30&sec=0&p1=394

(2) Be certain that you have a Guild of Messengers support shirt from Kirel in your closet.  If you don't have one:

• Link to the Nexus, and select Kirel from City Locations.   Pick up the yellow shirt from the table near the back of the neighborhood. 
  • Link to the Nexus again, you'll now see the Guild of Messengers Pub listed in City Locations.
Leonardo
Imagen de Leonardo
Desconectado/a

Thanks Marten ^^

Tanshin
Imagen de Tanshin
Desconectado/a
Messenger
se unió: Abr 3 2010

If the meeting is still at 9:30 AM KI time, then EDT is actually 11:30 AM... or at least that's what I have in my calendar...

Marten
Imagen de Marten
Desconectado/a

Whoops, that is correct.  *egg on my face*

Fixed my previous post.  That is what I get for typing it in a hurry.

Tanshin
Imagen de Tanshin
Desconectado/a
Messenger
se unió: Abr 3 2010

I just like to throw it under the joy and wonder of time zones. Honestly, I'm not even sure if we're under EDT or EST right now... and the area around Melbourne also has the time zone EST. So yeah, time zones are a pain.

Leonardo
Imagen de Leonardo
Desconectado/a

Since I'm going to leave my town this evening for the whole week and I'm not sure I'll be able to do this today I'm posting the chatlog of the Meeting. I'll see if I can make a summary today before I leave ;)

GoMeMeeting chatlog

EDIT:

Summary:

We started discussing about the Newspaper. Many of us already have ideas of articles and sections to have on the Newspaper, mainly interviews: Musica could make an Interview with Mireena of D'ni Museum Of Arts, Lunanne is planning one with Subterranean Restoration (Kaelis can help with getting in touch with SR people), Lunanne is also thinking of finding material for the International Pages where we could feature the activities of those communities (e.g. Heek Tournament in the Italian Community), Kaelis is ready for making the GoW column...but the Guild is very quiet in this period.
We could make an Interview to someone at Cyan for the first issue, it could be hard to get someone for a real interview by chat, maybe we could make a list of questions and send them; I know RAWA isn't too hard to get in touch to, we just have to find better questions than the usual ones (When is MORE?).
Allatwan proposed to have fan made IC stories, like some of those we had on "Where R U Uru?".
Tanshin has started to make the layout for the Newspaper and he's thinking about what sections we might have ("From the Source", "From the Explorers", "Cavern Sports").
LostThyme asked about having a Calendar of Events on the Newspaper. It could be an issue, but we could publish only the recurring once, so that we know the Calendar is actual, and redirect the readers to our online one.
About the Newspaper logo Tanshin mentioned we could involve the community at DeviantArt (I don't remember, do we have a Liaison for them? It seems LThyme is involved with them) and maybe we could feature their materials on the Newspaper (as we did in the old one with Artoveli). LostThyme proposed to make a contest for the logo...I know Theremin isn't a big fan of contests XD
Also, we must remember Clat is currently working for the first page art, maybe we could work closely with him (Theremin, direct him on these forums)

To the question "how often should the Newspaper be published?", it seems there was a consensus on a quarterly (4 issues/year)

White wants to volunteer for translating the Newspaper into German.

We decided to discuss the Elections here on the Forum, althought we had some discussions about why we should have elections and if it is the right time to make them with so many (too) new members.

At last we discussed about the Guilds Fair with White. His idea to reduce the timespan and blutec's to add more events. Sicne we had Musica there with us we discussed about having a Concert in Kirel organized by the D'ni Musicological Research. Other activities could be organized, such as for the Messengers making "Live Interviews" in Kirel or something like that. I asked white to post something about this on the MOUL Forums so that this can be discussed with all the others and with Marcus Wheeler (I met him at the Radio KTDN Party, told him to keep an eye on the thread because we're going to post something).

blutec
Imagen de blutec
Desconectado/a
se unió: Ene 15 2008

Thanks Leo! Great meeting :-)

(for those who want to read/skim Leo's complete log, here's my formatted one in a pdf)

grtz, blutec

LostThyme
Imagen de LostThyme
Desconectado/a
se unió: Jun 16 2010

It was a great first meeting for me. Everyone seemed to have such nice ideas and questions. Thanks for the chatlog and summary!

Theremin
Imagen de Theremin
Desconectado/a

Sounds like it was a great meeting, probably a good thing I wasn't there!

A "Contest" for the Newsmagazine logog sounds excellent, I'd like to do a vote on it. As I posted elsewhere, my only requirements would be that the logo actaully invludes the name of the magazine, and that it's not so stylistic as to be hard to see the name. (I would also hold the voting eligibility to Messengers only)

Interviews are great, but I don't want this to become an interview magazine. As I've talked with some people individually, I going to be a bit tougher on this one than I was previously, but because I want to produce something that even non-explorers are going to say "Wow!". I will provide a draft of an interview I'm working on with Clat, to give everyone an idea of what I'm looking for in an interview (no Q: and A: format!)

Fan made stories would be seriously excellent. I will put together a submission process for these and a "panel of judges". I have a bit of RL experience in writing (film, Television, and short stories) and am well aware of the grueling submission process. Fully 90% of my work is rejected for one reason or another, but surprisingly this is more common that you may think. A good original story may make an excellent opening article.

I want to avoid publishing much that is readily available elsewhere, I don't want to simply "reprint" articles.

Quarterly (more or less) sounds good. I'm currently thinking two issues for the rest of this year (September-ish, and early December). We need to be working on articles for the holiday issue as well as our first issue. Post your ideas for articles you want to write (notice how I phrased that?) on the "Go" thread.

Leonardo
Imagen de Leonardo
Desconectado/a

Shorah guys.

Normally today I'd start the poll for the next Guild Meeting, but this month I fear I can't make it.

I'm still in the middle of the University Exams for this week and next saturday I should (if everything goes well XD ) leave for 2 weeks of vacation, so I can't organize a meeting for the Guild.

Of course you can organize it yourself, I don't know if Theremin has got some more time in this period, and even if he's not, it's not a rule to have a Council Member organizing and attending every Guild Meeting XD. So if you want to meet to discuss things about the Guild just go ahead.

white
Imagen de white
Desconectado/a
se unió: Abr 28 2010

The question is whether we even have anything we want to discuss. As far as I know, we don't have anything big going on except for the newspaper and some internal changes to the website (which probably don't interest most of you and would be a pretty pointless thing to discuss without Leo).

Perhaps we could replace it with a newspaper work meeting. What do you think?

n/d
Lunanne
Imagen de Lunanne
Desconectado/a

a newspaper meeting would be great. We need to get organized and I hope to spend some time on that the next few days, making a summary of the plans we have and the things that need to be done.

Szark
Imagen de Szark
Desconectado/a
se unió: Ene 12 2008

I have Doodled :D

Lunanne
Imagen de Lunanne
Desconectado/a

did you select your timezone? I just remember I forgot to say that.

Szark
Imagen de Szark
Desconectado/a

Yeah It was set on European anyway. Thanks I will have to remember to make sure of that in the future. :D

Marten
Imagen de Marten
Desconectado/a

Where is the new (current) Doodle poll?  I only see the May and June doodles.

Szark
Imagen de Szark
Desconectado/a

http://www.doodle.com/av5xr9b4s22x85ib

Humm I am going wappy. I thought there was link in Lunanne post. Just shows how bad things are in my head still LOL

Marten
Imagen de Marten
Desconectado/a

Thanks.  I've added my available hours to help complicate things!  ;)

I skipped over the weekdays for next week beyond Monday - I really don't know what to expect of the 20th through the 23rd.